I added fresh mushrooms and homemade BBQ pork...completing this meal. Very tasty and could be served chilled for summer treat.
- 1 tablespoon quality oil (coconut)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon serrano peppers or 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus, snapped, steamed, but slightly undercooked
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I use gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (I use gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- Heat a wok or large, deep skillet over high heat.
- Add oil, making sure bottom of pan is completely oiled.
- Add garlic and minced chile, toss until garlic begins to turn golden; about 15 seconds.
- Add the asparagus; stir-fry until coated with oil, about 15 seconds.
- Add the soy sauces, sugar, basil, and 1 T water; stir-fry until basil starts to wilt.
- Serve hot (or cold in summer if you desire).
- Optional - you can add mushrooms/pork or whatever you desire...maybe some shrimp.