Friday, 1 February 2013

Hungry for Change Article

Gluten Confirmed To Cause Weight Gain

Article on the Hungry for Change site.
Link: http://www.hungryforchange.tv/article/gluten-confirmed-to-cause-weight-gain

"Wheat is not the same today. It has been agriculturally hybrid, not genetically lab engineered over some decades to resist fungus, grow more quickly, and be more pliable for industrial baking. As a consequence, 50-60 years ago wheat containing only five percent gluten has become 50 percent gluten today."

Besides weight loss, what about the health consequences of these changes to wheat?  It is funny that if you told people that broccoli was modified and should no longer be consumed, folks would say "whew, okay won't eat broccoli anymore" but because it is wheat (and bread, pizza, cookies, cakes, etc.) that people really seem to love, they get all defensive and vow that they could not live without it. Face it, people are very attached to these foods but are these foods containing wheat really causing as much health problems as they seem to be?  I can't say for sure, but from all the information that I have gathered and my own personal experience, I am happy to live without this modified wheat.  This modern 'grain' and I are NOT friends, gastronomically speaking.  Not only did I loose weight (not my intention but nice bonus) but I got my health back.  All of my numbers back from the doctor are all in normal ranges again.  That means that my liver and pancreas are doing the happy dance and my risk of diabetes is negligible (of course more exercise would help with that so that will be the next step).

So if you are having trouble loosing weight, this may help but most importantly besides the weight is how much better you just might feel.  I'm just sayin'...



No comments:

Post a Comment