Friday, 8 June 2012

Rosemary Sun-Dried Tomato Scones Recipe

Makes 6 scones. Preheat oven to 350º F.

Ingredients:

2 cups almond meal

2 tablespoons coconut flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon sea salt

¼ cup shredded Romano cheese

1 teaspoon dried rosemary

1 teaspoon dried oregano

2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in oil), finely chopped

¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 large egg

2 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated

1 teaspoon dried parsley

In bowl, mix together almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, shredded Romano cheese, rosemary, and oregano. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and egg. Spoon onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten with spoon or knife to approximately ¾-inch thickness. Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese, parsley, additional sea salt. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick withdraws dry.

Link to recipe article: http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/02/rosemary-sun-dried-tomato-scones/

My Variations to above Recipe
I don't add any salt as I find that these are salty enough without any extra salt, maybe from the other ingredients and I add all of the cheese into the recipe rather than putting any on top (just shred it all and mix in). I have also used Asiago cheese rather than Romano as that is what I had on hand. Probably just as good with either though. Finally I have added sliced black olives to the recipe and they are nice addition if I do say so myself.

p.s. Keep your almond meal in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. It can be purchased at any well stocked health food store (probably in the fridge section there too).

No comments:

Post a Comment